ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs FixCRLF.java
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 14:34:54 GMT
Stefan,

You and me both.  When I made the changes to accommodate the large
files, I forgot to tests change-in-place.  Pretty disgraceful.  Mea culpa.

I have modified the code I found in the repository, which did not
compile for me.  As a penance, I have included code to restore the
functionality to write the file only when the destination file changes.

I have performed a variety of tests on this (including change-in-place),
but this has been done in a hurry, and I do not yet have a neat set of
test cases.  Let me know if you want some.  The code for the new
functionality includes a handful of println's for the basic temp file
test conditions, which you will no doubt want to remove.  I have used
the method that Conor (I think) added to create the temp file, and I
have added a method to check for file equality.

I will now go back to providing a minimum set of changes to the HTML, as
requested.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest