ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craeg K. Strong" <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] New <dependset> task, a task to manage arbitrary dependencies between files
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:52:42 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>- you could create a new DataType of ExplicitFileList or something
>>that accepted no wildcards
>>
>Yep.

OK-- Just to confirm... your preference is for a new DataType rather
than extending FileSets to
support explicitly named files, something like:

<fileset dir="bar">
  <patternset includes="**/*.html" excludes="not-me.html">
   <namedfile file="blat.inc"/>
</fileset>

I understand now that FileSets are really filters, not lists of files.
 I therefore propose to create
a new data type called FileList.  For now, FileList will simply support
a comma-separated list of
files.  I will send a patch for both the FileSet and new FileList
documentation to try to make the distinction
between the two more clear.

DependSet will support an arbitrary number of filesets and filelists,
for both source and target files.

This means that an example usage of <dependset> would look something
like the following:

<dependset>
   <srcfileset dir="buildfiles" includes="*.xml"/>
   <srcfilelist dir="dtdfiles" files="foo.dtd,bar.dtd"/>
   <targetfileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*.html"/>
   <targetfilelist dir="other-dir" files="one.html, two.html"/>
</dependset>

--Craeg