ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: Introspection Change comments
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 13:30:59 GMT
Peter,

While i agree, ant should not be forced to implement everything
make does, it would be nice to have the ability to have a generic
"compile" task.  The reason for this is for apis like rmi (though I
think there's an rmic task), idl, and jaxb, which do preprocessing of
files, and then generate java code.  It would avoid having to write
seperate tasks for each one as they come a long, making it easier
to support new preprocessor type apis...

just my $.02

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation