ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: IDE / Ant Integration
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:34:56 GMT
Hi!

I've just taken a closer look at the "IBM WebSphere Workbench" and, well, it
seems to be the fastest java-based java ide! They do not use Swing, so there
isn' a pluggable L&F but it looks cool. The Ant Integration looks good to
me, too, but it isn't more then Wolf's and mine integration into VAJ, ATM.
That means, that there is only the option to open an Ant-XML, select a
target and run this target. Oh, and I should mention, that it is, unlike
VAJ, completely filesystem-based and has a CVS interface!

> For those who can get some time to look at the new IDE from IBM.
>
> http://www.eclipse.org

"Open Source" becomes kind of standard for Java IDE's ;-)

> Registration is a bit hidden, but it is here:
> http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/wstools/workbench.html
>
> There is an Ant plugin (and a cool Ant icon, they should
> contribute :-)

You are right! It is a simple and very nice Ant-icon here (in a big and a
small version)!

Cheers,
Chris