ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@rediffmail.com>
Subject RE: Patch Audit
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:44:29 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

>Or perhaps we should just try to make <move> smarter
>when doing dir - dir moves. Thoughts?

Here is what I have in mind:

If the user wishes to perform a direct straighforward
move, We let the user specify something along the lines
of:

    <target name="all">
        <move file="srcdir" tofile="destdir">
        </move>
    </target>

First of all, we let the user use file, tofile and todir to move directories too.

Note that the user must not override any of the other
default options, nor use FileSets.  Further, we caution
the user that s/he must use FileSet (as it is now) if
move across volumes is gonna be attempted.

I suggest we do something along these lines.  If you feel
this is worthwhile to pursue let me know and I will
clean up the code, document it, etc.

Scratchpad Patch to Move.java is attached.

Cheers,
Magesh

For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
http://clients.rediff.com/clients/aptechsch/index.htm