ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Question of re-use within Apache Projects
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:57:22 GMT
OK, I will lead up to the subject.  I have started using
the Mail task.  I find that I will not be able to send
out 'attachment's.  The file attribute takes in text
files and includes them into the body.  However, there
are a few use cases where sending attachments after a
build is performed makes sense (at least for me).  It
will be easier for me to scan the set of attachments and
look at the ones that I am interested in, instead of
parsing through the whole mail finding out my points of
interest.  Others might want to zip up the build.log and
send it as an attachment, blah, blah, blah...

I am planning to improve the Mail task so that it
becomes attachment-friendly (Do you folks think this is
useful?).  First step is to write a Mime Encoder
(Base64Encoder).  I notice that XML-Batik already has
the code to perform it.
(org/apache/batik/util/Base64EncoderStream.java)

So, my question is this:  How do I go about reusing it?

Cheers,
Magesh

For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
http://clients.rediff.com/clients/aptechsch/index.htm