ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <script> needs a classpath param
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 08:53:59 GMT
Stefan,

> >Without the classpath param, you have to play with build.bat/sh and
> > set build/classes as part of the classpath  [:-(]
>

> Feel like committing a patch?

I have taken a look.  Basic classpath ala SQLExec or XSLTProcessor is quite easy, but I think
that
it won't work for BSF hosted scripts as execution is leaving ant and going into BSF.  As that
is
in Ant's basic lassloader, it will not be able to find anything in a sub classloader.

We need some forking thing like javac & java .. OR .. bsf.jar is not added to the general
classpath by lcp.bat and is implicitly added in "Path createClasspath() {}".  This way, when
invoked, BSF and it's hosted script languages would have visibility of the dynamically loaded
user
classes..

Am I making sense?  I'm suggesting changes to tools/bin/* files as well as Script.java

=====
Regards - Paul H
====
CVS -1, Perforce +1