ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kesavan, Malini" <m...@cdc.gov>
Subject RE: Reminder: [SUBMIT] Attr, a chmod equivalent for Windows
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:22:35 GMT
Kindly remove me from the mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jérôme Lacoste [mailto:jerome.lacoste@smartcardsystem.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 1:21 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Reminder: [SUBMIT] Attr, a chmod equivalent for Windows

Mathew you're right. I didn't specify in which way they were equivalent.

Correction:

> It calls the Windows 'Attrib' program equivalent to 'chmod' on Unix.

equivalent regarding the goal (change the permissions) but not in
functionality (because available permissions are different depending on
OSes).

Attrib is OS dependent, so is Chmod, isn't it?

Most of the required functionality is the read/write-ability. It is
sometimes necessary to change it.
We don't have it on Windows, we have it on Linux/Unix.
Why not have the counterpart?

Jerome