ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Patch Audit
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2001 16:07:46 GMT
I have gone through all the patches I could find and determined which ones
have not been applied or explicitly rejected. The results of this can be
found here
http://jakarta.apache.org/~conor/patchaudit.html

I don't guarantee that this list includes all outstanding patches, that
none of these patches may indeed have been committed or that they have been
specifically rejected by a committer. This list only covers patches
submitted to the ant-dev list, not enhancements posted to BugZilla.

I think there are a number of patches which should be included in 1.4. I'd
like an indication from other committers of
1. Any patches which you believe should be included in 1.4
2. Patches which should be rejected
3. Patches which can wait till after 1.4 (I'll assume this to include any
not covered in 1 and 2.

Patch authors may also indicate if the patch is no longer viable, needs to
be updated, etc.

Obviously, the number of different patches for the same issue is an
indicator of user needs. In particular:
1. Fail with if/unless
2. Regexp replace
3. Daemons (Exec and Java)
4. Prompted Input to property.
5. XXXXXXX (task name omitted to protect the innocent).

I have decided to hold off producing the 1.4 Beta until I get some
indications against this list. Tomorrow, I will be committing a number of
these outstanding patches (ejbjar will be first).

Conor