ant-dev mailing list archives

From APOSTOLOPOULOS PARIS <PAPOS...@singular.gr>
Subject making installation for Ant
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:24:06 GMT
Hi there!

I am trying to make ant a little bit more automated .I am trying to build a
simple installation program for windows 2000 using freeware installers.The
thing that worries me about is that I have not find a way of making this
simple installation program to update the paths of the system automatically
so each time I want to install Ant to a new machine I wont  have to add to
enviromental variables  the Path statements that Ant requires to run.
does anyone have an idea how I am going to do that? Using Java I dont think
there is required API..I have find some wrappers functions in VB but I am
trying to find a quicker solution...

TIP:Windows 2000 automaticaly update specific keys in the registry without
writing these path statements  to a file...so I am trying to edit in a way
specific keys in the registry..and to the attribute called PATH to add the
ant required lines...

I would appreciate any help...dows ant has a complete windows installation
with kind of feature?

PA