ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] Intermediate directory name change to Target?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:44:31 GMT
Hi,

A while ago there was an attempt to standardize build environments between
apache projects. It was never that successful because of inter-project
conflicts for various conventions. One of those conventions was the name of
intermediate directory. Many projects use build/, others use bin/classes,
bin/javadoc etc. However some projects (turbine et al) use build directory to
refer to build scripts and descriptors and some designate bin/** as location
of project specific tools.

Anyways a pseudo convention of using "target/" as intermediate directory has
occured in commons/struts projects. Because this doesn't cause any conflicts
and thus could be integrated into all apache projects (ignoring egos) I say
we move towards it. The easier it is to build projects the more likely we are
to see developers work with Apache.

Anyways heres my

+1

--