ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Logo Decision process
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:19:00 GMT
Before we start deciding on a logo I think we should decide some features we
want with it. My primary concerns are
* Must print well on paper
* Must display nice on white webpages (and optionally any pastel colors)
* Must be striking and logo-like (ie can strip out words and still be
identifiable)
* Must have depth or be capable of giving depth
* Must look good at banner size and also at icon size
* Must look good

One of the ones I would vote for on pure looks is one by Kevin Duggins but it
would probably be innapropriate as a logo.

Other than that I think you asking for a lot of work directing all mail to
yourself ;) Perhaps we just redirect it to mailist in specified format and
then anyone can jump in and collate them? Also may be good if voters also
want to add comments why they chose x or y to give feedback.

--
Cheers,

Pete