ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectTest.java
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:30:08 GMT
On Thu,  9 Aug 2001 16:14, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Thu,  9 Aug 2001 02:27, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >> seems as if Ant has a less Unix centric approach than Excalibur
> >> here, but maybe this has been taken care of outside of this class,
> >> don't know.
> >>
> >> Same is true for UNC filenames on Unix (samba shares).
> >
> > not sure what you mean.
>
> Excalibur's normalize will strip the second / from //server/share/

yep - by design ;)

> which is a valid UNC name when using Samba under Linux,

thats odd ... I never knew that - is it accessible via the shell or is only
accessible via open() system call (I can't get either to work with vanilla
RH7.0 kernel). Also does this also work on other unixes?

> same for resolveFile.

hmm .. that is a bug then ... thought I had a testcase to check against that
.. maybe thats broken aswell.

> normalize only works on / (I guess some other part is making sure that
> File.separator has been replaced by / before normalize gets called).

yep by design ;)

> >> Anyway, there is so much common stuff here and there and probably
> >> at least once in Tomcat and ... that it seems to be asking for a
> >> commons package.
> >
> > hmm ... seems if most of the packages in excalibur are common
> > stuff. Funny that ... maybe we should move them all into commons
> > ... or should that be the other way round ? ;)
>
> Do we strive for world domination by Jakarta or by Avalon? 8-)

Damn - we are meant to be going for world domination? I thought it was
quality.

Besides I would hardly call commons representative of jakarta ... god - at
least I hope not ;)

Cheers,

Pete