ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch Audit
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:06:25 GMT
On Mon,  6 Aug 2001 18:45, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > Instead we should accelerate release cycle of ant and test things
> > that way.
>
> I don't see that happen, sorry.  To do that, it would take more people
> committed to the 1.x codebase.

I have a script setup for the avalon project(s) so that "releasing" is as
simple as
* run a script
* come back in ten minutes and edit jakarta-site and do mail out
* bump version in build.xml

The script builds distribution, signs the distribution, constructs
HEADER.html + README.html and uploads it to appropriate directory on jakarta,
tag CVS module, and creates a basic announcement message.

It took me a full 30 minutes to do a release and 20 of those I spent making
toast ;)

So as long as the CVS is kept in nice clean state and experimentation is done
in proposals dir (or as a branch) then it would be simple to do. If it would
make it more likely to make releases more often then I will see what I can do
to convert it to ant tasks or make it portable (currently it is specific to
bash + gpg + ssh with keys).

Cheers,

Pete