ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JFlex task
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 06:15:32 GMT
On Mon,  6 Aug 2001 16:05, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Rafal,
>
> Due to the GPL licence of JFlex, there may be difficulty in having such a
> task in Ant's CVS tree. IANAL, etc, etc. Perhaps you should ask JFlex if
> they wish to have the task there (I don't know if the licence conflicts are
> a problem in that arrangement). Licensing experts ??

If it is GPL you can not link it against Apache code period. However you
could write a "task" which does not import any apache code but does implement
execute(). The taskAdaptor should be able to wrap this in which case you
could give the taks to the JFlex peeps but it still can not be included in
Apache CVS.

--
Cheers,

Pete