ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introspection Change comments
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 15:36:36 GMT
On Wed,  1 Aug 2001 16:29, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > So if you were going to make this change I would like to see the
> > Introspector to use either
> >
> > void setMyVar( final MyType myVar );
> >
> > or
> >
> > void setMyVar( final MyType[] myVar );
> >
> > This would make Ant tasks more bean compliant and munge better with
> > the way most people write code.
>
> But at the same time blur the difference between attributes and
> elements - this may be good or not.

oh well it was worth a try ;)

> We should talk about that in the
> context of Ant2, for now it would give us a major backwards
> compatibilty problem.

I can not see that - where do you see the compatability problem? Attributes
are restricted to primitive types + string and File at the moment, elements
can never be string or File. Thus you will always be able to determine which
are attributes and which are not ...

Cheers,

Pete