ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [OT] Working around CVS?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:58:18 GMT
Hi,

I have to prefix this "I am a CVS weenie so don't shoot me". For
experimenting with different ideas for Ant2 I have wanted to do this a few
times but never figured out a nice way of doing it.

I want to take a file v1.0 from Ant1 CVS and copy it to destination X. Then I
apply diffs that bring it into line with Ant2. Anytime changes occur in Ant1
version of class I want to create a patch/diff file that shows the changes
between Ant1 v1.0 and Ant2 HEAD, copy Ant1 v1.1 file to X and then reapply
patch to bring it to Ant2 HEAD.

I suspect you could do this if Ant1 and Ant2 were branches (thought I haven't
looked) however I can not find any information for doing this between
separate directories.

Considering this is such a simple requirement for a RC system I figure CVS
should do it - right? ;) So would some one be able to point me to a place
where I can RTFM ? ;)

Cheers,

Pete