ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs FixCRLF.java
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 08:46:38 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2001, Peter B. West <pbwest@powerup.com.au> wrote:
>
> > When I made the changes to accommodate the large files, I forgot to
> > tests change-in-place.  Pretty disgraceful.  Mea culpa.
>
> I had modified your patch to take care of this (using a temporary file
> and moving it over when done) - but I see Conor has committed your
> newer patch now,

Feel free to roll that back. I actually applied the patch to see if it was
the source of the bootstrap problem. It wasn't (I claim full responsibility
for that).

I'll leave it up to you.

> Strange - I also tested change-in-place with this (Ant's own bootstrap
> build performs such beats).

But it did fail on Windows due to locks. You may not have seen that change
since I also fixed up the tabs - sorry.

Conor