ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:47:53 GMT
Stephane,

I have tested with 1.3.0 and the test passes. Interestingly the XSLP test
fails thus
Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XslpLiaisonTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0.441 sec

Testcase:
testTransform(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XslpLiaisonTest)::
Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at com.kvisco.xml.parser.XercesParser.init(XercesParser.java:63)
        at com.kvisco.xml.parser.XercesParser.<init>(XercesParser.java:53)

I believe this is because the XercesParser class calls setValidating on
DOMParser. I guess this is out of date - it was setValidating() in Xerces
1.0.0 and is now setValidation(). It will be impossible to test these two
together.

When I took the xslp jar out, everything started to pass with all versions
of Xerces. Not sure if there is something going on in the VM due to the
different signatures of the references to the Xerces classes. I wouldn't
think so but who knows? I think we should probably deprecate the "xslp"
value for processor, and then remove support for it for Ant 1.5+. Would
that be an issue?

This is unlikely to be the issue for the Gump failure, however.

Conor