ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Arnold deVos" <...@langdale.com.au>
Subject SUBMIT: candidate for an optional task
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:17:31 GMT
Hi,

could a committer please look at this: http://www.langdale.com.au/styler and
let me know if its suitable as, say, an optional task in the Ant project.  I
would be glad to see it in the project.

Briefly:

The styler task makes useful combinations of XSLT transformations easy to
specify in an Ant build file. Like the built-in task style, styler can apply
a single transformation to a set of XML files. But it can also:

o handle multiple transformations, in parallel or pipelined.

o enable transformations that split or merge files

o process non-XML files, especially HTML (based on JTidy)

Eventually (soon I hope!) use any custom XMLReader or XMLFilter class to
handle new file formats and transformation techniques.

You can download this task under the LGPL licence from
http://www.langdale.com.au/styler

--
Arnold deVos
Langdale Consultants