ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Schildbach" <>
Subject Q about implementation of nested elements
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:29:49 GMT
Sorry for the amount if questions I asked lately, but the "Developing with
Ant" chapter of the Ant Manual is a bit brief about the topic "nested

Say I want to create a nested element "ne" into the task "t":

My understanding is that I have to both implement a class for "t" and "ne".
According to the documentation, I also created a method "public void
addNe(ne)" in class "t". The doc didn't specify whether to uppercase the
first letter of the element name or not, but I assumed so. I did _not_
implement a method "public ne createNe()", because the doc does not
eleborate on the semantics of this method.
I added a Taskdef for "t" and tried both adding a Typedef and nothing for
"ne". The doc does not tell how Ant is going to find the implementing class
for "ne".

Regardless of what I try, I get an error message: The <t> task doesn't
support the nested "ne" element.

I'm running Ant 1.4beta2 on a Win2k system.

View raw message