ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EJB-Verifier: Submit code under GNU Lesser General Public Lic ense
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:02:14 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Niels Verdonk <Niels.Verdonk@ctp.com> wrote:

> I just thought your point was open for discussion.

Sure it is, sorry if I sounded any different.

>> From: Stefan Bodewig Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 2:23 PM
>>
>> Last time I checked, <ejbjar> supported Weblogic, jBoss, Borland
>> and iPlanet 8-)
>
> Only since 1.4

I knew I was cheating.  To give you a target easier to attack:
<junit>.  Tool specific and the tool is open source (OK, it became
open source after the task had been written ...).

> I was only trying to point out that application specific tasks do
> have a history in ANT.

And I didn't want to say that this should be forbidden.

In some circumstances it may make sense to include a task with Ant, in
others it may be more appropriate to not do so (the aspectj compiler
task is part of the aspectj distribution).  As we could run into
license problems by including the task, I'd prefer to at least explore
the option of bundling with the tool in question.

Stefan