ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ant2] SQL-like includes
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:22:51 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> This same problem was "solved" in SQL years ago. ie imagine the
> following is psuedo antified sql.
>
> Select */*.java from src/java where readable == true

Not quite, as you don't really specify a pattern in SQL, it would
rather be

Select * from src/java where filename matches '*/*.java' and readable == true

Matching a pattern is just another condition for the where clause.
Your approach would be the easiest to integrate with the way filesets
work right now, but we should at least think about extending it a bit
further so that name="..." is just a condition as well.

Stefan