ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of Multithreading
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:57:17 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:13, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> And I have come to the conclusion that I HATE antcall now so ... ;)

Welcome to the club 8-)

> I see ant2 as having subloggers for stdout and stderr. So if a task
> wanted to massage its output (like junit task or whatever) it could
> just register a listener at correct location in logger
> hierarchy.

And prevent output from going to the default logger as well or send it
there in addition to the task specific logging?

I've split feelings about replacing default loggers - as some tasks do
in effect right now.  Of course, the tasks that do it ATM, do so on
user request (out parameters or the formatter stuff in the junit
task).

An approach like this could also be used as an aspect that replaces
the the out attributes of <java> and <exec>, yes, I think I like it as
well.

Stefan