ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject TaskContainer and logging
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:23:39 GMT
DefaulLogger is safe, as far as I can tell, it just uses information
from the current BuildEvent directly, but XmlLogger is a completely
different issue.

In order to know which parent element a given task element should be
attached to, the logger would have to ask either the Task itself or
the BuildEvent - in the case of <parallel> neither the Thread instance
nor the Task last started and not closed will work.

There is no chance the BuildEvent could know the parent, unless the
task itself would know its parent, I hope I'm just too blind to see
it, as I wouldn't want to add get/setParent to Task just to enable
logging (even though get/setOwningTarget is probably there for much
the same reason only).

Does anybody see a viable alternative?

Stefan