ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Listener task
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:14:10 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> One of the "optional" tasks I need is <listener>. It will have the
> same effect as a -listener option on the command line ( use the
> parameter to create a class and add it to the project listeners ).

So far I agree with Peter, it sounds like <record> (or better an
extension thereof).

> - it needs to be specified under <project>, same as top-level
> properties and taskdefs. This would allow it to eventually replace
> the default logger before the first message.

-listener doesn't replace the default logger.  Another point <record>
doesn't provide yet.

Why do you need to do this from within the build file instead of using
the command line switch?  I'm sure some contexts like GUMP or
CruiseControl wouldn't be too happy if you removed their loggers 8-)

> - it will miss the events before it's execution. That's fine if
> listeners are specified at the beggining and a dummy buildStarted is
> sent.

The task could certainly take care of this.

> Does it sounds crazy ?

A little 8-)

> can I at least ask for a "nologger" option that would start ant
> without any listener ?

ant -logger NullLogger

with a NullLogger class that is an empty implemenentation of the
BuildLogger interface?

Stefan