ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant2 suggestions
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:07:15 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Kurt Huwig <kurt@iku-netz.de> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I meant that specifying several filesets should preserve the order
> of the filesets,

Oh, Ant does that.  createFileset or addFileset will be called once
for each fileset and they will be called in the same order they appear
in the build file.  It's again up to the task to preserve that order
(most tasks do as they pile them up in a Vector).

>> Collections would make it a no-go for Ant 1.x, and there is no
>> design for Ant2 to work against ATM.
>
> So I can start with Ant 1.x and supply a patch that uses JDK 1.2/3
> features.

Let me try to rephrase: Ant 1.x will be JDK 1.1 compatible and Ant 2
will be JDK 1.2 compatible.

> Does 1.3 represent a common base? It's been around for a while

Not for everyone - the BSDs don't even have an 1.2 yet, MacOS 9
doesn't, HP/UX 10 will never get one and so on ...

Stefan