ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Task Submissions
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:44:20 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Matthew Watson <> wrote:

> What do you mean by dependency based invocation?

Only compile a .jsp to .java file(s) if it is newer than the output
files - tricky as different implementations use different naming
schemes for the generated files.

> What has javac got to do with anything?

To take that a step further, compile the .java files to .class files,
using the compiler the user would chose for a javac task as well.

>>>2. precompilation of jsp pages into java files /.class files for
>>>inclusion in war files
> For me, I definitely need this task for 2, and that is what my
> implementation does

As I said, I haven't looked into any of the submitted tasks yet.

> I run javac seperately.

Sure, this always is an option, but you could make the task do that
automatically as well.

> I'm off to the snow for a week!

Have fun

View raw message