ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial impressions of ant...
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:03:19 GMT
Conor has already covered most of this ...

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Paul Kilroy <pkilroy@channelpoint.com> wrote:

> 5) The main loop in StreamPumper.java (IMO) has some issues:

OK, I'll look into this.

> Then the PumpStreamHandler should (gracefully?) request that the
> StreamPumper stop reading.

Yes.

> -How can I run a task on a build failure? Do I have to use a
> listener?

Yes.

> -I thought it would be interesting if a target knew how to "clean"
> itself up.

Clean up in which situation? Always, if a task that is enclosed in it
fails (if so, the clean up will probably depend on the task that
failed), if any other thing fails after this target has been executed?

We might be setting wrong expectations if we did something like this.

Stefan