ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Automatically importing a directory of .jar files.
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:36:42 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Jon Skeet <> wrote:

> Okay, I've now seen *6* responses suggesting this kind of action,
> which means I *must* have been missing something when I suggested my
> extdirs solution.

Not really, I've not gotten any mails from for hours and I
guess this is true for all others as well - that's why you see so many
identical answers.

> Is extdirs broken in some way?

No.  When I read your mail, I thought - yes, didn't think of this,

The other approach (using a fileset) will work for tasks that don't
support an extdirs attribute as well, though.

> Or does it not work with JDK1.1?

Ant fakes it for JDK 1.1 as well as for jikes and jvc (by using a
nested fileset internally 8-).

View raw message