ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Logo voting (was:RE: Logo?)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:41:23 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@t-online.de> wrote:

> LOGO VOTING PROPOSAL: I'd propose, that everyone on the
> Ant-Dev-MailingList may give 3 votes, for his/her 3 favorite
> Logos.

Add ant-user as well, IMHO.

> One may not give more then one vote for each logo.

You mean must not, yes?

> One of the comitters (I could offer myself :-)) collects these
> voting-mails and counts the votes.

Do you really want to do this manually?  Good luck 8-).

> ASAP Assign a uniq key (number or something else) to each Logo, to
> make a distinct voting possible

Just edit the page to add a "number" column and you are done.

> July 22nd Start voting
> August 5th Stop voting

works for me.

I'd prefer a single vote instead of three (you'll want to weight the
votes if you allow three choices) of them, but I could live with your
voting system.

I suggest to have people send their votes to the person who tallies
the votes (or a dedicated voting account) instead of ant-(dev|user).
Peter talked about free web based voting services - has anybody had
some good experience with one of them and could recommend one?

Stefan