ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Task Submissions
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 05:40:35 GMT
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Matthew Watson <mattw@i3sp.com> wrote:

>>>JspC (http://www.i3sp.com/ant/JspC.html) : Run the (jasper) jsp
>>>precompiler to turn jsp files into java classes
>> Seems as if several people would be working on this in parallel 8-)
>
> This is definitely possible. I developed this about 5 months ago in
> isolation.

Steve Loughran just submitted a sketch of his jasper jspc task the
same day your mail arrived and there's been a jspc task at ant-user
last Saturday, that's where my comment comes from.

We already have a Weblogic jspc task in CVS (it's an undocumented part
of Ant since 1.2) and it seems obvious that <jspc> would be a
candidate for a facade task just like <javac> and <rmic> are today.

Hope I'll find time to look into all three of them 8-(.

Stefan