ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of Multithreading
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:37:41 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Kewl .. now we just gotta find a nice way of dealing with standard
> input ;)

Patch to deal with it in the context of PumpStreamHandler has been
sent to this list yesterday.  This should make it work for <exec> and
<java>, I haven't looked at it at all though.

But I guess this is not what you are talking about.

Interesting question is, which task should get to read from standard
input if several tasks run in parallel ...  Maybe all of them?

Providing input to tasks is a different beast in that you may want to
have the GUI pop up a dialog to ask for input instead of falling back
to standard input.

Stefan