ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quotes in the commandline and the ExecTask
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:52:43 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Maneesh Sahu <msahu@interkeel.com> wrote:

> Folks, I have been trying to pass a commandline arg containing
> quotes"", but it seems to get stripped when its actually executed.

I wouldn't trust <exec>'s logging, the task only sends an
approximation of what really gets executed to the logging system.
What you see is what would be used for Runtime.exec(String), but Ant
uses Runtime.exec(String[]) internally and the result may very well be
different.

Could you send a relevant snippet of your build file so we can have a
look at it, please?

Stefan