ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New tasks for 1.4?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:55:08 GMT
I realize discussion will be a bit of a problem with mail delays of
more than an hour (at least for me ATM) ...

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago, the question of being able to set a property
> based on derefencing another property came up again.

-0

I'd go with Nico's solution (on the report) or use external property
files to solve this (my standard answer, I know 8-) - I still couldn't
get convinced that we need recursive property resolution.

> Also, awhile back someone wanted to be able to require a particular
> version of Ant, so I wrote a little <require> task.

-0

You'll probably not just set a property but also make the build fail,
right?  This means we'd have two different types of <fail> tasks, in a
sense this is not that different from adding a the fail functionality
to available (which has been vetoed).

A cleaner solution would be to (1) create the condition task - not
that big a problem IMHO, (2) implement your require task as a
condition in this task, and optionally (3) add if/unless attributes to
fail.

> And finally -- what should we do about the <foreach> task?

Has been vetoed by many people - even though I'd not veto it any
longer, others will probably stick to their vote.  Count that as a +0.

Stefan