ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: PATCH: taskdefs and class loaders
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:22:22 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, <> wrote:

> Not only. To keep state across tasks you can use "properties" (
> since the Hashtable is returned, you can store any object in it - if
> you want to ).

You could use References as well, storing every object that has been
loaded using the system classloader - but you knew that.

> I have a set of "cooperating tasks" - one is sending a http request,
> few other are manipulating the response, another one is reporting
> results. Doing it all in a single task is ugly.

OK.  Tasks that are that tightly coupled to each other would probably
end up in the same task library in Ant2 - they'd be loaded using the
same classloader and could also define data types using that same

Seems our unwritten concept for Ant2 would work here.

>> > BTW, what's the policy for "optional" tasks ?
>> I am not sure we have a policy. What do you want to do ? ;)
> Can any commiter add a new optional task ?

So far we've just committed what seemed appropriate - we are not that
many active committers, you know? 8-) If something was not be
acceptable, I'm sure a -1 would follow rather soon.

View raw message