ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New launcher
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:31:16 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> I have committed some improvements to the classloader. Can you retry
> and see what is the performance differential? On NT, it is now only
> marginally slower.

On Linux as well, times are about 10% longer than "normal" Ant
invocation (which is a big improvement over yesterday).

>> Removing the xml libs as well as JUnit from the lib dir and putting
>> them into the CLASSPATH (with my patch applied):
>>
>>     [junit] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.ZipTest
>
> Of course, I can't compile the unit tests unless I make this change

OK, using your patch it works for me as well - so we'd need to
document that the system classpath is not included in the non-fork
mode any longer.

Given that I've changed the task to automatically include junit.jar,
optional.jar and ant.jar for the fork mode, we need to find a way to
fix it.

Stefan