ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of Multithreading
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:42:55 GMT
On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> The Main class now sets up a DemuxOutputStream to handle ALL
> system.out use by tasks.

DemuxOutputStream uses the same (broken) logic to assemble lines to
send to the logging system - we should get rid of this and use
line.separator instead (the current system breaks - like most other
things - on OS/390 which doesn't use either \r nor \n as line
separator).

> (based on LogOutputStream, which I think is not used anymore),

There still are LogOutputStreamHandlers that use it in <java>, <exec>
and probably other places.

> Things to Do

Adapt the loggers to work in the context of parallel tasks.

I'll look into it tomorrow.

Stefan