ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of Multithreading
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:48:42 GMT
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> It also would produce surprising results if people were expecting
> properties to behave the same as they do elsewhere in the build
> file.

I must be missing something here, aren't properties behaving exactly
the same as they do everywhere else in the build file?

The first property task wins (but you cannot be sure, which one may be
the first, of course).  Properties defined outside are available in
the container and vice versa.  In what way are they different?

> I think it is an extremely bad idea to have different scoping rules
> inside containers from everywhere else.

I agree completely - but we'll have to talk about scoping rules in the
light of Ant2 (once again 8-).

Stefan