ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug? JUnit and classpath problems. Ant classloader?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:48:03 GMT
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Jirtme Lacoste
<jerome.lacoste@smartcardsystem.com> wrote:

>> > So I guess it is a problem in Ant. I though it was a classLoader
>> > problem.
>>
>> I think it is.
>
> If so I can perhaps help to debug it?  So I should run it in -debug
> mode, isn't it?

Yes, but you'll have to use a version of AntClassLoader from today (I
even guess my changes won't appear in the very next nightly build) - I
have added some debug information to the getResource methods that are
supposed to be called.

> Is there a way to run ant with the jdb instead of java?

Never tried to do that, sorry.  Others?

> I should perhaps try to make a testcase.

That would be great.

> BTW I have an important question: I do put my third party libraries
> into the %ANT_HOME%\lib, so I only need to install it once per
> project.  (I can see problems there if a project use a different
> version of the library installed with Ant. But otherwise?)  Is this
> considered good or not?

I wouldn't do so, because I like to know what's on my CLASSPATH
instead of having things appear there magically, you mileage may
differ.

Stefan