ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building From Source
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:44:23 GMT
Joe,

I'm not sure whether you are asking the right people here, as all of
us will be using jakarta-ant, but probably many are using none of the
other things you've listed.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, JOSEPH OAKS <joseph_oaks@non.hp.com> wrote:

> I want to know if I can set this up in a manner like this...

> jakarta-ant = /opt/ims/jakarta/ant

Ant will work in whatever directory you install it, as long as you set
the environment variable ANT_HOME - at least it is supposed to.

> jakarta-tomcat = /opt/ims/jakarta/tomcat

I've installed Tomcat in several different directories on different
machines without any problems so far, setting TOMCAT_HOME correctly
should do the trick (but I'm running Tomcat in stand alone mode
without an external webserver).

> jakarta-servletapi = /opt/ims/jakarta/servletapi

AFAIK, all you really need is the library servlet.jar that you should
place into the CLASSPATH when building webapps or running Tomcat - the
binary distributions of Tomcat already include it.

Stefan