ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New tasks for 1.4?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:43:22 GMT
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What do you recommend if you only need a "blah" defined, and you
> need to define it for bligga, blooga, blinga, blonga, bloopa,
> blorpa, blooma, blomba, and blorq? -- an individual file, defining
> that one property, for each one?

Rethinking your build system 8-)

Using something like ${the_selector}.blah everywhere instead of
assigning a value to a property named blah would be an options for
example.

> I guess I'm just still not clear on what the objections are to
> offering functionality like this as optional tasks.

Because one doesn't need that feature at all (unless you can prove me
wrong) and I don't think that Ant should have optional tasks just to
add "more than one way to do it".

Stefan