ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant Classloader - Context Classloader
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:40:03 GMT
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Daniel,

I think it's important to _use_ the context classloader, not only to set
it ( i.e. in all Class.forName or similar ).

Assuming ant is run inside a webapp or similar environment ( where user
code is loaded in a separate classloader ), there are few cases where the
current code will not work.

Please take a look at org.apache.tomcat.util.compat, it's ( IMHO ) a
cleaner solution to the problem, with no reflection involved ( so a bit
faster ). We use the package extensively in all places where JDK1.2
features are needed ( tc3.x is also 1.1 compatible ).

Sine I run into this problem quite a few times ( with ant in classpath,
and tasks in the webapp ), I would be happy to backport it, if you want.

Costin