ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: small PATCH: ant -find with build.xml in CWD
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:21:36 GMT
On 18 Jul 2001, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > If "ant -find build.xml" is used and build.xml is in the current
> > dir, the returned file will be "/foo/bar/./build.xml", and that
> > might brake a number of <property location="..." /> and other
> > relative paths.
>
> What you see is a symptom of removing the getCanonicalPath invocations
> everywhere - getCanonicalPath would strip out the /. while
> getAbsolutePath doesn't.  I think we need a different fix (in
> Project.resolveFile) to account for that completely.

What was the reason for removing getCanonicalPath() ( or a pointer to
the thread or period when this was discussed ) ? We're using
getCanonicalPath() in tomcat - is there anything we should know about it ?
( besides bad performance in certain cases )

Also - could I have this fix in ( with a comment about removing it when
the "real" thing is done ) ? Or more information about what a good fix
will be - I can try to adapt some "normalize URL" code from tc.

Costin