ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Ant Classloader - Context Classloader
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:03:36 GMT
Daniel,

Context classloaders are not part of JDK 1.1 so I had not set it until
recently. In a recent change, I have set the context classloader for <java>
tasks by reflection. I haven't however, extended that to taskdefs. Hmmm, we
could do that just prior to execute, I guess, assuming the context loader is
not required for task configuration.

> Although I have my application server classes
> in the nested classpath element, I have to set the context classloader
> manually by calling
>
> Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(this.getClass().getCl
> assLoader(
> ));
>
> before I create the InitialContext within foo.
>
> I did not find anything about this point in the mail-archive and I'm
> wondering if this is an intended behaviour. It would be nice if someone
> could put some light onto this.

There was a bug report about this, in relation to <java> tasks.