ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: build.exe
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:46:04 GMT

Hi,

Just a comment on the invocation API and Java 1.1.

Using the 1.1 API isn't terribly different from the 1.2 API.  In fact,
provided you don't use any of the methods added in 1.2 (and I don't image an
ant exe would need to), then it's just a matter of providing a different
argument to JNI_CreateJavaVM().

Also, although they don't publicise the fact, the MS JVM supports JNI - and
so you can use the same mechanism for launching the MS JVM and the other 1.1
JVMs.

I can help out with getting this going, if it would be useful.

Adam