ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Ant Classloader - Context Classloader
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:05:44 GMT

I guess it depends on implementations...
For example Xalan 2.2.x is still using Class.forName(String) in all JAXP
factories.
Resin 2.x is using Class.forName(s, false,
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()), in its JAXP implementation.

This is BAD news in any case because there will be inconsistencies, unless
there is an official JAXP 1.1a release that fix this. (and that fix some
crimson bugs as well). Or maybe I'm not aware about this...oops.

In any case, you cannot right now use JAXP out-of-the-box and have it in the
system or shared classloader for all webapps otherwise you cannot use
different parsers in different webapps because it caches the first class
used to instantiate the factory (at least in the default implementation of
JAXP 1.1, not in the one in Resin 2.x).

Food for problems...

--
 Stephane Bailliez