ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Hoppe <ho...@sitewaerts.de>
Subject Basedir in 1.4alpha - changed behaviour in comparison to 1.3
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:51:58 GMT
Hi Ants,

I found something I do not quite understand in the current CVS Ant version.
In my project I have a project root directory, e.g.

c:\dev\<projectname>

In this folder <projectname> I have a folder named "build". This folder
build contains several batch files to invoke different Ant files. These
files are placed in a folder below build named "thisconfig"
("c:\dev\<projectname>\build\thisconfig"). I call my buildfiles from the
build directory with

ant -buildfile .\thisconfig\<buildfilename>.xml

All my Ant files have the following basedir set:

<project name="futuna" default="all" basedir="../..">

Therefore I'd expect the active basedir as "c:\dev\<projectname>". This is
working nicely in Ant 1.3. In the current CVS version I get the basedir set
to "c:\dev\<projectname>\build", I have to set the basedir to "../../.."
instead.

Was this changed intentionally or is it rather a bug? This is the ant
-verbose output:

Ant version 1.4alpha compiled on July 19 2001
Buildfile: .\thisconfig\make.xml
Detected Java version: 1.3 in: c:\programme\jdk1.3.1\jre
Detected OS: Windows 2000
parsing buildfile c:\dev\fbs2\build\.\thisconfig\make.xml with URI =
file:c:/dev/fbs2/build/./thisconfig/make.xml
Project base dir set to: c:\dev\fbs2\build
 [property] Loading c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\as.properties
 [property] Unable to find property file:
c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\as.properties
 [property] Loading c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\db.properties
 [property] Unable to find property file:
c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\db.properties
 [property] Loading c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\user.properties
 [property] Unable to find property file:
c:\dev\fbs2\build\build\thisconfig\user.properties
 [property] Loading c:\dev\fbs2\build\deployment.properties
 [property] Unable to find property file:
c:\dev\fbs2\build\deployment.properties
Property ${javahome} has not been set
Property ${as_compile_path} has not been set
Build sequence for target `all' is [init, buildfutuna, generatecpcjar,
makeejbs, make_components, make_tests, all]
Complete build sequence is [init, buildfutuna, generatecpcjar, makeejbs,
make_components, make_tests, all, fast]

Thanks in advance for any enlightement!

Daniel

<sitewaerts> GmbH