ant-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: JAXP/Crimson timeplan
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:34:28 GMT
Stephane Bailliez wrote:

> Hi Edwin,
>
> We would like to update jaxp/crimson to the bugfix release so that we ship
> Ant 1.4 with something more stable.
>
> I guess there is no problem for crimson 1.1.1, but Stefan was wondering if
> there was any problem in distributing jaxp.jar binary ?

I would just go do it.  After all, previous versions had the same kind
of code in it and it was allowed.  In my opinion, restricting
distribution would be a bad thing for Sun so I can't see why they would
ever want to do so.  But getting an official answer from legal would be
time consuming and possibly open up a can of worms.

> Additionaly Costin said we'd better wait about a week or so to have a more
> stable code. Is it concerning both jaxp and crimson ? Is there on official
> release in the pipe ?

The crimson parser itself is pretty stable.  Version 1.1.1 went into
J2EE 1.3 and I just integrated a newer version into JDK 1.4 beta2.
Costin may be thinking about the XSLT processing parts of JAXP which
uses Xalan-j.  We recently updated the code so that it uses the Xalan
DTM code for performance fixes and maintenance.

> Would it be possible to give us post some more information on ant-dev ?

I'll try to post this to that email list.

-Edwin