ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Watson <ma...@i3sp.com>
Subject Re: Task Submissions
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:59:01 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrot

> some first comments only, I'll look at your pages during the next
> days.
>
>>JavaH (http://www.i3sp.com/ant/JavaH.html) : run javah - not tested
>>on WinXX though
> How is this different from the optional <javah> task already present?

Well, mine isn't as good. Whoops - I thought I'd checked whether 1.3 had
one of these. Good, one less thing to maintain!

>>JspC (http://www.i3sp.com/ant/JspC.html) : Run the (jasper) jsp
>>precompiler to turn jsp files into java classes
> Seems as if several people would be working on this in parallel 8-)

This is definitely possible. I developed this about 5 months ago in
isolation.
Mine is fully functional as far as my requirements go. It is based on
the javac task from 1.2, so may need some improvements, since I believe
javac has evolved a lot since then. Support for multiple jsp compilers
is a bit sketchy, in that it needs to be added to the class...

Matt